Scope : LEED / Green Building Consultant
Project Type : Industrial (Garments)
Location : Tongi, Bangladesh
Built-up Area : 1, 80, 000 sq.ft
Status : Completed (July 2016)
Rating System : LEED EB: O&M
Rating Level : Gold
Rating Authority : USGBC
Description : Tosrifa Industries Limited is a manufacturer of knit garment products with built-up area of 1, 80, 000 sq.ft. The salient features of green measures implemented at site are as below,
1. Carbon emission less commuting method has been practised to mitigate pollution due to transportation.
2. An effective collection and reuse of stormwater at site has been reduced stress on potable water.
3. Timer control has provided to turn of interior perimeter lighting during nonproduction hours.
4. Replace of existing clutch driven sewing machine into servo driven sewing machine were reduced use of conventional energy.
5. Provision of fresh air to all occupied space has been enhanced Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ).
6. Use of onsite salvaged materials and low emitting materials for facility alteration.
7. Sustainable materials purchasing policy was developed and being followed at project site.
8. Use of green cleaning chemicals and carbon emission free exterior cleaning are contributes more towards sustainable cleaning.
Project by: Innowell Team