Scope : LEED / Green Building Consultant
Project Type : Industrial (Garments)
Location : Gazipur, Bangladesh
Built Up Area : 1, 80, 000 sq.ft
Status : Completed (Dec 2015)
Rating System : LEED NC
Rating Level : Platinum
Rating Authority : USGBC
Description : The key green features implemented in the project site are as below.
1. Heat island effect is minimized in the project site by using high albedo paint on building & parking’s roof.
2. Treated water is reused for landscaping and flushing purposes.
3. Water efficient fixtures like Pressmatic taps and dual flush system are implemented to achieve reduction in potable water.
4. Energy efficient VRF system with Energy Recovery Wheel, energy efficient process machines, HVLS fans, and energy efficient LED & CFL lighting system to reduce energy consumption of the building.
5. Construction waste such as steel scrap and bricks are reused within the project site.
6. Construction materials with recycled content are sourced/ manufactured/ harvested within 800 Kms.
7. Glass with high VLT, skylights and windows are installed to provide maximum daylight into the building.
8. HVLS fans are provided for enhancement of thermal comfort for the occupants.
9. Battery operated lights are provided for the workers for individual control over lighting.
Project by : Innowell Team