Scope : LEED / Green Building Consultant
Project Type : Industrial (Garments)
Location : Manikganj
Built Up Area : 4, 80, 000 sq.ft
Status : Completed (July 2016)
Rating System : LEED EB:OM
Rating Level : Platinum
Rating Authority : USGBC
Description : Tarasima Apparels Limited is a Ready Made Garments manufacturer with washing facility. It consists of 4 factory buildings with built-up area of 4,80, 000 sq. ft. The salient features of implemented Green Measures at site as below.
1. Provision of “Covered Parking and Building Roof” with High Albedo coating have been tremendously mitigated Heat Island effect at project site.
2. Conversion of existing Effluent Treatment Plant as Rainwater collection reservoir and use of collected storm water for gardening have been significantly reduced stress on potable water.
3. Use of treated water from ETP for flushing and landscape application made Garments manufacturing facility with low water footprint.
4. Use of Steam Traps in Irons and Thermic Fluid driven dryers are key factors to reduce thermal energy utilization of TAL.
5. Provision of campus wide Building Automation System acting as heart of Energy & Water Management including monitoring and control.
6. Conversion of Waste into Renewable Energy at site made TAL as user of Renewable Energy.
7. Installation of Combo Sensors (Temp, RH & CO2) at all occupied space have been monitoring Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) and aid them to maintain better IEQ.
8. Use of Green Cleaning chemicals and carbon emission free exterior cleaning are contributes more towards sustainable cleaning.
Project by : Innowell Team