Scope : LEED / Green Building Consultant
Project Type : Industrial (Garments)
Location : Mymensingh, Bangladesh
Built Up Area : 2,35,000 sq.ft
Status : Completed (Mar 2016)
Rating System : LEED EB:OM
Rating Level : Platinum
Rating Authority : USGBC
Description : Envoy Textiles Limited is a manufacturer of rope dyeing denim fabrics in Bangladesh with built-up area of 2,35,000 sq.ft. This facility has highly modernised and automated weaving and dyeing machines to produce more with less energy. The salient features implemented at site to become a LEED Platinum rated building are as below,
1. Provision of an effective stormwater collection and reuse for gardening and flushing system has significantly reduced potable water demand.
2. Carbon emission free commuting practice has been implemented by providing dormitory close to factory building.
3. Use of compost (organic) that made from landscape waste as fertilizer for landscapes has reduced environmental impact from utilizing chemical based fertilizer.
4. Use of treated water from ETP & collected stormwater for flushing and landscape application made ETL as denim fabrics manufacturing facility with low water footprint.
5. Provision of TDS sensor with blow down controller and use of treated water from ETP as make-up water in cooling tower ensured effective utilization of potable water in CTs operation.
6. Use of steam derived from waste heat in steam fired chillers and integration of hot water from Gas Generator as heat source in hot water fired chiller have tremendously reduced Natural Gas demand in space cooling process.
7. Use of CFC & HCFC free refrigerant for process cooling operation.
8. Installation of Combo Sensors (Temp, RH & CO2) at all occupied space have been monitoring Indoor Environment Quality (IEQ) and aid them to maintain better IEQ.
9. Use of Green Cleaning chemicals and carbon emission free exterior cleaning are contributes more towards sustainable cleaning.
10. In house milk farm and locally sourced food use made ETL as user of sustainable foods.
11. Sustainable materials purchase criteria is being followed while purchasing ongoing consumables & durable goods.
12. Mercury free illumination is being practiced at envoy.
Project by : Innowell Team